Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sensory Experience

See:
The foamy blue waves crashing onto the sand below my feet.
Cloudless blue sky, only ending to  meet the darker blue of the ocean miles away.
Two pigeons arguing over a French fry, long abandoned by its original owner.
Hear:
The sizzling sound of the tiny water bubbles popping as the recede back into the endless expanse of ocean before me.
The high pitched squeal of laughter from the family next to us, splashing each other in the water.
The blare of music from a nearby teenagers vehicle, creating a very movie-like atmosphere.
Taste:
The pineapple my mother bought, sweeter than I have ever tasted.
The saltiness of the water that got in my mouth as I was swimming, still lingering long after.
 The persistent taste of coconut water, which is really disgusting by the way.
Touch:
The soft sand beneath my feet, pushing up between my toes.
The soft lap of waves, covering my feet.
The warm sun, shining on my face, tanning me slowly with its rays.
Smell:
The specific aroma of sunscreen, lathered on the skin of tourists.
A plate lunch, complete with macaroni salad, which is actually just mayonnaise and macaroni noodles.
The ocean, which has this indescribable scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment