Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Extended Metaphors





If I were a musical instrument, I would be a keyboard because its abilities are extremely diverse. I have always dabbled in a bunch of things, never really exceling at anything. It’s difficult to explain exactly how, but when I think of this, I think of a keyboard. Like a keyboard, I have many different settings for different people. Along with this, I am better when I am paired with some people than with others. Around the right person, I am a flawless Ride of the Valkyrie, while with others I am a poor rendition of Mary Had A Little Lamb, which is a metaphor that made sense in my head but doesn’t exactly work when written down.



If I were a type of building, I would be a skyscraper, because while I'm down to Earth, I also have high dreams. As cornball as it sounds, I live fairly realistically, but my aspirations are much higher. I am firmly rooted in the Missouri present, but my future lays elsewhere, hopefully a big city. I want to write, and that’s not exactly a realistic career choice. While I have these goals, I also realize that a backup plan is a wise thing to have, so I won’t fall on my face.



If I were a comic book character, I would be I would be Captain America because even though he will fight, he doesn't like it. He does it because that's his duty and he's fighting for what he loves. Even in defending what he loves, he doesn’t use a weapon. I think the symbolism in the fact that he uses a shield says a lot about him as a character. Also he doesn’t really understand modern culture and neither do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment