Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Of Vacation and Relaxation

If money was no issue and I could go anywhere in my last summer before college, I would spend the greater majority of it in New York. I would spend time in Central Park, walk around Times Square, tour 30 Rockefeller Plaza, look at the Statue of Liberty, see at least one Broadway show, attend the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre every Sunday night, and hopefully develop a New York accent. I would sample the flavors of street side food carts and dine in the finest restaurants Manhattan has to offer. It is a fantastic city and I hope to live there someday, so this would be a good first experience there. Yes, New York would definitely be a stop on my summer before college.
Whether my summer is beginning or ending in the Big Apple, I have not decided yet. What I do know is that I will also be flying back to Hawaii to enjoy some time with my family before I leave the nest. I want to relax by the waves while my family scuba dives. I want to experience again the aromas of the food of the island and enjoy the people around me. The street performers were something I really thought was awesome while I was there, and I want to see them one more time. I would of course get some of the delicious coconut shrimp that I had the first night we were there before; it’s the best food I have ever had in my life and I’d love to have it a second time.
For the last few days of my summer, I would relax at home, watching my favorite shows on Netflix and taking a break before this new journey. It sounds like a bummer way to end a summer full of fun, but to me that is the perfect way to end it.

2 comments:

  1. It seems as though Bayless you got everything figured out, that is if you had a unlimited amount of money waiting on you. I'm glad to hear that you wouldnt be going that far out of the country to do anything that Extravagant. I would probably want to join you on your wonderful adventure because I have never even been to Hawaii, it would be pretty cool to be able to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New York? Now that sounds like a song that I once heard of not so long ago. Anyway, the things that you listed to do in New York, I would love to take my girlfriend to do. Maybe if I even drove my Scion tC up to New York, I would totally drive through the sleepless city. Although I may risk having my car stolen or whatever, anything can happen in New York and I just want a new taste of a large city. With unlimited money, there is so much more to do in New York and I think you are only solely focused on what you wanted to do in the past. For me, I would take my Scion tC to New York just to give my girlfriend that car and buy myself a very beautiful 2013 Nissan GT-R.

    ReplyDelete